NATA Exam Pattern
The test is in two parts. A OMR Based aesthetic sensitivity test for first 90 minutes and paper based drawing test for last 90 minutes.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 Questions)||20 x 2||40|
|General Aptitude (40 Questions)||40 x 2||80|
|Drawing (2 Questions)||2 x 40||80|
The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of –
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Architectural awareness.